Minimalist Fashion has been slowly gaining speed over the past few years. Its increasing popularity can be attributed to timeless pieces, effortless chicness and overall simplicity.
What we love about this style, is that anyone can achieve this fashionable look with a few tips & tricks.
1. Keep It Simple. - A minimalist look says a lot with very little. Each piece can stand alone with confidence. Keep things simple and clean.
2. Have Fun With Texture. - This style is about simplicity, but not boredom. Break up the neutral colors with different types of fabrics and textures.
3. Muted Colors are Key. - The mix of neutral colors are what help keep this look timeless. Keep the majority of the pieces in earthy tones with lots of black and white.
4. Master The Art of Contrast. - Make a real statement by alternating black and white for a signature look of The Minimalist. Using contrast instead of color to draw the eye.
5. Wear Oversized Fits. - Oversized pieces are extremely comfortable and give the illusion of wearing more. Think of the classic look of a soft oversized white tee and wore-in jeans.
6. Comfort Above All Else. - A recognizable feature of this style is how effortless it looks. That's because it is. Nothing uncomfortable or form fitting is necessary.
7. Trying Monochromatic Outfits. - Choosing one single color to base an outfit on is great place to begin. Add accent pieces in other tones or colors, but one color dominating an outfit makes a real statement.
8. Play With Silhouettes. - Find materials and cuts that truly accent your body and best features. The cut and fit of an outfit says as much as the color.
9. Don't Complicate It. - Go with your gut instinct. When you first choose as outfit, stick with it. Don't fuss too much or add things after the fact.
10. Now Add Your Own Style! - This is the fun part! Implement these tips while staying true to your style and you'll find a look that is unique to only you. Be confident and wear it with pride!
Check out our latest collection, The Minimalist here to shop these pieces and looks! Happy shopping!